So starting something is one thing, carrying it out and finishing things is important to actually get somewhere. This I'm finding more and more and it's exciting to see my focus come into action and create tangible results as well.
Tony's advice to building anything sensibly is this:
- Decide. What do you want to do?
- Culture & Values. What is it about?
- Commit to transparency. Build your Story, be genuine.
- Chase vision not $. Big bikkies are nice, but that's not why the game is played.
- Build relationships. Meet and treat :)
- Build your Team. (Find co-conspirators.)
- Think long term!
One of the hard questions I'm wanting to answer today is: why would my designs and creations matter to others? What benefits do they really bring? And do I really want to become a goat-cheese maker in the future?
When we have focus, and are driven, and learn to not spend fluff time on all sorts of projects that get out of hand, we have fun and grow. Ask the hard questions, you will be surprised by the answers.