Friday, May 28, 2010

the Interior "how to" Forum


pic: on Julie-Ann's blog
Via Twitter I keep meeting wonderful and inspiring people! Today I'm doing an interview post with the lovely Julie-Ann Hind from Perth Australia. She is an interior decorator and has started the Decorating Forum, which is now ranked #1 in her country on Google.


Julie-Ann, what are your passions and professional background?
I have always had a passion for renovating and decorating homes. Our very first home had a rainbow painted over all 3 walls of the toilet and the bathroom cabinets. We sold that home for double the money 18 months later, minus the rainbows. I had caught the renovating bug! Since then I have renovated many homes for our family and many more for clients. I tend to specialize in renovating kitchens and bathrooms. However, the work varies enormously, one day I will be working on an Alfresco area for a client and the next day the selections for a client who is building.

(pic: by Julie-Ann Hind)

Why did you start the Decorating Forum?
Being an Interior Decorator I am constantly asked questions about decorating, renovating, building, or simply caring for our homes. I started the forum as a way to make it easier for clients, family and friends to ask me those questions. But it quickly became more than just people I personally knew. 

Why is your forum THE place to visit online when wanting help on interiors?
We have several experienced Interior Designers as members of the Decorating Forum and many very creative people who love to chat about decorating. Also, many members have joined looking to bounce around ideas for their homes. It is not only great to talk about decorating all day but we love to have a laugh and it is all very light hearted.

Julie-Ann, what are your goals for the next 2 years?
I have recently designed several kitchens for exclusive custom designed homes. I would love to do more of this work.
My passion is reaching more Australians and New Zealanders through the Decorating Forum and our blog "A Very Fine House". I love how we have been able to help so many people create a beautiful home for themselves and their families!

What are you most proud of?
That’s easy- my 17 year old son. He is adorable but then I am just a proud mum. With work I am so proud of reaching number #1 ranking on Google so quickly, we are the number #1 Decorating Forum on Google in Australia! 
Well done Julie-Ann and thank you very much for you time.

Below are some pictures of Julie-Ann's smaller projects that show how a makeover can make such a big change in any room! 

Kitchen before:



After:
Enormous change isn't it?
Julie-Ann's tip: how to organize a kitchen easily? Read about it here on Julie-Ann and Katrina's blog.
Bathroom before:
After:
And what a difference! Meet her on the forum and ask Julie-Ann anything you like that is driving you crazy about your interiors: visit 
Most of all: have fun with your home and do what you love, you don't need to follow the latest trends. 
(Please remember too to cast your vote on the give away tea towel post if you haven't done so yet!)
.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview Miriam. It amazes me everyday how I have met so many great people on the forum, Twitter and Facebook. People who you have so much in common with but live miles away- like New Zealand:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented Julie-Ann! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete