Interiors and what works is as varied as the people on the planet. Yes there are certain rules one can apply (that are rock solid as the force of gravity is a given) but basically it comes down to this:
- Creative talent
- Being a 3d wizz: being able to visualize pieces together
- Know how colors work and which combinations rock
- The secret 3 color rule that always applies
- Experience, experience and more experience
- Being aware of trends but not going nuts on them
So there you go!
Feel free to send in questions and/or pictures of interiors that have gone awry and I may have a solution for your predicament.