Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Keep it simple

To get to the heart of things, one needs to just do this:
Listen to the silence and to learn to let go.


I had the flu last week and my head was FULL of stuff. Information, ponderations, questions, memories, music, all sorts. It was getting too crowded in my whirring brain it wasn’t funny. I felt I couldn’t shake it, the noise kept continuing and I was starting to get grumpy. The cure came in the manner of raking goatie manure in their enclosure. It often does the trick for me. Different environment, doing practical stuff, working with animals and simply being away from distractions, demands, work etc. It always creates a shifting to the task at hand and being in the Now. After the Big Clean I went inside to have lunch and crash into bed. Here I found the haven of rest and the silence within.

Once the mind is clear and void of the usual fluffy-noise, things start to make sense again. There is room where before there wasn’t. I can highly recommend to detox, de-fluff and de-woolly. The so called important stuff vanishes overnight.

Let go of substance that is not good for you
Let go of things that are unnecessary or burdensome to you
Come back to the essentials. Slow down the vocabulary. Live simply.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)


No comments:

Post a Comment