Wednesday, April 7, 2010

modern times

A lot of talk in the professional community is revolving around the just released IPad. Whole online communities are literally atwitter. Isn't it amazing that just in the last decade technology has gone in leaps and bounds. And it seems to be on the increase. Time accelerates and we have trouble keeping up with it all. Like kids, even ankle-biters who are living today seem to find it easier to get their heads around new tools then we old schoolers ever did. I was about 12 when I first got my hands on my brother's Commodore64, doing away with using an actual typewriter and twink. 


There are different attitudes towards these new developments: it is either embraced and explored or totally rebuffed by the over 60s. As my mother can fully explain particular aspects of Facebook to me, I see it isn't so much age, but the attitude, which determines how we proceed with any novelty in life. And by the looks of it, gadgets and technology are continuing to make headway and become more and more incorporated into our daily lives. For now I will leave you to a 2 year old who will show you how to use the IPad. After all, how hard can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment