Friday, July 9, 2010

freshness

Sometimes I feel I am repeating myself, but let's face it: many ideas or things  seem to come back to us, by reminding us of something we have seen or experienced previously. Nowadays many things get a new jacket and they are out the door.


When was the last time you were genuinely surprised to find anything that made you stop and think, or at least made you realize that indeed this was a rare find! Was it yesterday, last week or a month ago? Then there's the 'eye of the beholder' aspect, so what could be an absolute gem to you could mean worthless crap to another. I'm just saying. Doesn't that make it fun though? I think so. (And no I'm not doing the chocolate box quote that would be SO obvious.)


So what I spotted today made me say: how clever is THAT! Now what is it?


Doesn't it look beautiful? This is how you whip it up: simple recipe! By Yoav Reches, artist.
(With big thanks to Richard of Bitrebels who always has great posts.)

Then I came across another read today, which details how there is now more and more a trend of seeing great design become accessible to those with less big-a-wallets. There are even designs that you as the consumer will need to finish off. The concept makes great sense, is fun and could even be considered "green" for a variety of reasons. (Read about the ins and outs of this post here on Fastcompany.)

And why is this interesting? Because to me this not new as an idea, but it is very current in todays market. What excites me is that the combining of whimsy, finishing it off yourself and the "green" of it has great marketing potential and opportunity. An almost self made unique design, fabricated locally, at low cost to the consumer, easy peasy fun solution. Very Ponoko too. If that doesn't spin your wheels as a creative I don't know what will. 

My brain fizz is already humming away, thinking on how this could be implemented. And that very way of thinking was also described by Gary Vaynerchuk, who's book "Crush it" I finally finished, having only had about 20 pages to go last Wednesday. His book details very well how entrepreneurs have to keep their eyes peeled for things popping up left, right and center, and what snazzy dish you can create from it yourself. Tasty stuff.

Note: Klout who analyse your Twitterness, assessed me as such, which I found amusing: @bonvivantmiriam is a Curator
You highlight the most interesting people and find the best content on the web and share it to a wide audience. You are a critical information source to your network. You have an amazing ability to filter massive amounts of content to surface the nuggets that your audience truly care about. Your hard work is very much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment