Friday, August 14, 2009

showing your stuff


Lately I have found people coming up to me and there's a relation between what they do and what I do. I do not go out and track them down and smother them with my product, they simply find me. They listen and get excited; I listen to them and am interested and thankful for what they say.

I have chosen not to promote my jewellery products actively but let it simmer for a bit and when I come across someone I think would be suitable to show it to I find it works better. One step at a time.

Sometimes in the desire of making our product(s) succeed we are too much in a hurry or get too dependent on SOME people's opinion. Truth is, SOME people's comments do not matter, only those that have our respect, and the respect in the industry. Their assessment contributes to what is generally heard and accepted. If we choose to listen to everyone, we get nowhere but to dock at the mediocrity station.

As I have told a good friend recently, in whatever situation you find yourself it may be tempting to seek others council but have you considered that you yourself may be the best advisor you ever had, once you stop doubting yourself?

1 comment:

  1. hey, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy cool !!!!

    when there is power in you for starting,
    wait till the force (behind it,around it) in you grows stronger than this power.... then you can share values...
    there is recognition...respect....
    and sharing...
    a jewel in itself !

    Kees

    ReplyDelete