Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Smell of Coffee

Life is like a big stage. People come people go and you’re standing there blinking at the spot lights getting itchy from the layers of makeup. Do we conjure up lines as we go? Do we follow the script? Do we run screaming from the stage? Do we lie on the timber floor falling asleep? Which one are you?

I am not one for scripted ways of living but I have to say there’s a lot to be said for some planning. After all, if you do not know where you have been and where you are now, would you have a clue of where you are heading? If you have an inkling of where you like to aim for would you know what you’d be doing in a year’s time, two? Three? Ten? I always have some clear ideas about my designation (not destination in case you thought I put the wrong word). The point is to enjoy the trip while in transit. I have found I needed to re assess these field days however. Now I do this on a 2 month basis as my life keeps changing so quickly.
My eldest brother used to drive me mad with his overly planned life when I was a kid. He’s ten years my senior. I thought his planning was plain creepy. Whatdoyoumean you know what you’re doing when you’re 30, 40, 50, 60? Still, one grows up and starts to smell the coffee. So where from here?


I reckon it’s good to do a few things:
Self management (not others)
Prioritize activities
Set goals clearly
Know about The Now and the Horizon
Execute plans


Assess and Follow up. Right. Have we got that? Get set, ready, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment